Today was my research day. After Janine and I had met yesterday to talk about what my final presentation would be on, we decided that I should do profiles of children with autism. I have three children that are diagnosed with autism right now. Since autism just fascinated me from the first child that I saw with it, I really wanted to know more about it. I first really wanted to create an awareness pamphlet, but there are already so many organizations and awareness flyers that I decided not to do that. In order to start off, I did research on different websites such as autismspearks.org to find out mire about it. I worked on finding a definition for autism, different treatments, how it is diagnosed, how to life with it and other details. After having done that, I started going back through my notes on those three children and wrote out all their characteristics and special points. I created an outline for a profile that will display the three children. I wanted it to point out that even though they have similar typical autistic behaviors, they essentially are very different. With this outline I wrote the three children’s profiles out and found fake pictures and names for each one of them, as I need to keep it confidential. Once the profiles were done, I tried figure out a good format to present it in.
I was very happy to find out more about this fascinating brain development disorder and relate it to what I had seen in the children. The information I found out will be kept secret though until the presentation, so that I don’t give everything away yet! Tomorrow I will get the chance to see one of my children with autism again and I am very excited to see how what I have learned today will improve my understanding of her behavioral patterns and special characteristics.
No comments:
Post a Comment